- Album Review | Kukudoo’s ‘Jerusalem’ loaded with revivalist overtones October 20, 2020For those who don’t know exactly what it means to be a water-baptised, Holy Ghost-filled, Zionist singer, the latest album, Jerusalem, by Kukudoo, the gospel artiste, gives a fairly good idea. Known for his signature revivalist style and his “Hai...Yasmine Peru/Senior Gleaner Writer
- Marcy Chin’s ‘coming out party’ a stylish affair October 20, 2020She promised to show Jamaica exactly what she is made of, and on Sunday evening, up-and-coming artiste Marcy Chin did just that. After her much-talked-about performance during prime time at July’s virtual staging of Reggae Sumfest, the petite Chin...Shereita Grizzle/Staff Reporter
- Violinist Jovani Williams tuned in to Toots - Performs tribute to legend October 19, 2020When Jamaican musician Jovani Williams was contacted recently to do a piece for Heritage Month celebrations, he initially thought of doing one of his regular folk arrangements. But, his manager had a brilliant suggestion, why not do a medley of...
- Peter Tosh’s Heroes Day birthday a ‘national mystic’ - Call for Steppin Razor to be made national hero October 19, 2020The fact that National Heroes Day 2020 falls on the same day as the birthday of reggae legend Peter Tosh is a coincidence which is certainly not lost on those in his inner circle, and they have translated that into a call for the ‘Steppin Razor’’s...Yasmine Peru/Senior Gleaner Writer
- Toots’ family happy with Heroes Park honour October 19, 2020The family of reggae icon Toots Hibbert has labelled the events which unfolded at Dovecot Memorial Gardens on Thursday October 15, as “unfortunate” and have expressed pleasure that the Bam Bam singer will be interred at the National Heroes Park in...Yasmine Peru/Senior Gleaner Writer
- ASHE presentsHeroes Day showcase October 19, 2020Like many other holidays this year, National Heroes Day, today, will be heavily impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. Prolonged lockdown conditions have put a damper on the usual festivities; nevertheless, at least one performing arts group will today...Shereita Grizzle/Staff Reporter
Salute to our 1st post and official website launch!
It's been a long time in the making and launch day is here. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast because we are going to be bringing you some great interviews with Dancehall's finest, as well as, sharing exclusive content.
Is there an artist that you can't wait to hear from? Submit your suggestions. We can't wait to hear from you.
Thank you and see you on the YAHD.
- YL team